contour (plural contours)
In the 16th century, contouring was used by Elizabethan stage actors,
Contouring is usually produced by placing a warm or cool toned color that is one or two shades darker than the skin color in areas such as in the hollows of the cheeks, on the side of the nose, and on the temples to give a shadow and slimming effect. It can be complemented with a highlighter that is one or two shades lighter than the skin color on areas of the face that is more prominent such as on the apples on the cheeks and the tip of the nose or the t-zone. This technique can also be referred to as strobing, which generally uses only lighter powders and shades and little to no darker ones.
NOW THINK HAIR !
DESIGN TAKES SHAPE CONTOURING PROGRAM.
- Simplistic techniques that provide the stylist with an understanding of the seven different face shapes. (Teaching facial contouring).
- Growth of business behind the chair and up selling opportunities.
- Creating personalized individual looks that compliment enhance clients positive features while reducing and minimizing less desirable features.
- Helping the client to reduce, create volume, narrow or widen in areas that are lacking.
- How warm / cool colours can change the direction of hair cutting and styling techniques.
- How to choose colours / many placement options based on skin tone, eye colour, and face shape analysis.
- Creating areas of shine can help put emphasis on haircut.
So many experienced stylists get into a routine where they no longer change the direction of their foil placement, n’or do they know what colours they can utilize to change their clients face shape .
Taking stylists thru talking /consulting with the client to find out what areas are important with them. How to bring up things like a large nose , pointed chin, right down to the eye glass frames the client selects.
Reviews claim, that this is a class that everyone can benefit from. Walking away with confidence in contouring and many formulations.
Keep an eye out in February, I’ll be sharing many programs and interviews from artists around the globe. If There is an artist you would like to hear from, or love to follow let me know! Send me a message today.